NUUPES always maintained and continues to maintain the tradition, focusing on a healthy lifestyle and creation a professional training center in Ukraine. All year university fully support reputation of European higher education. There were representatives of European and world science, prominent scientists and founders of known scientific schools and directions. Many university students and graduates were Olympic champions and winners of the Olympic Games, winners of World and European championships in various kinds of sport. The traditions of the past continue today. Now in our university are over three thousand students, preparing them more than fifty doctors and professors and more than a hundred PhDs and assistant professors. Since 2016 successfully implemented the project of students and scientific and educational mobility of the Latvian Academy of Sports Education on EU funds under Erasmus +.
Since 1994, the first department in Ukraine has started in NUUPES to train specialists in physical rehabilitation. In 2016, in connection with the changes in the legislation regulating the training of specialists in higher educational institutions of Ukraine, the vector of development of the specialty has changed: from this time the department trains physical therapists and occupational therapists, and for two years it is the leader among similar departments in Ukraine by the number of students. In recent years, the university opened popular specialization "Physical rehabilitation in sports higher achievements"and "Sports nutrition" at the educational level "Master ". In addition, together with the Kiev Medical University study 10 students specialized in sports medicine. We plan to expand map such partnerships to provide students of National University of Physical Education and Sport of Ukraine maximum opportunities for development in the areas that they consider interesting and useful in their future careers.
The new Erasmus+ programme aims to support actions in the fields of Education, Training, Youth and Sport for the period 2014-2020.
What does it support?
Erasmus + provides grants for a wide range of actions and activities in the fields of education, training, youth and sport. The programme gives opportunities to students, trainees, staff and volunteers to spend a period abroad to increase their skills and employability. It supports organisations to work in transnational partnership and to share innovative practices in the fields of education, training and youth. The new Sport action will support grassroots projects and cross-border challenges such as combating match-fixing, doping, violence and racism.
Annual call for proposals covers the following actions of the Erasmus+ programme:
- Key Action 1 (KA1) — Learning mobility of individuals
- Key Action 2 (KA2) — Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
- Key Action 3 (KA3) — Support for policy reform
- Jean Monnet activities
Contacts of the National Erasmus+ Office in Ukraine :
01014, Ukraine, Kyiv, Bastionna str., 9
Phone: +38 (044) 286-66-68,
+38 (044) 332-26-45
Fax: +38 (044) 286-66-68
National Erasmus+ Office in Ukraine: http://erasmusplus.org.ua/en/
ERASMUS+ Programme web-site: http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/node_en
Project acronym: REHAB
Project duration: 15.11.2018 – 14.11.2021
Erasmus+ (CBHE) grant amount: 997.249,00 €
Project web-site: https://w3rw0lf17.wixsite.com/rehab
The project addresses 3 major goals:
(1) building professional capacity of the academic and research staff,
(2) development of the teaching/learning/assessment resources, and
(3) creating specific educational infrastructure needed to provide the nationally new professional study program in physiotherapy.
Specific project objectives:
- Update and revise the current bachelor program on Physical Therapy
- Create Comprehensive Physical Therapy Mastery study program
- Increase professional capacity of academic/professional personnel of at least 40 qualified PT faculty members for teaching physical therapy
- Create Educational Infrastructure for Learning Physiotherapy at partner Universities
- Pilot PT master programs based on new content and innovative teaching approaches and graduate up to 200 masters in PT
Areas of activity:
- Analysis of existing models of the preparation of the MPT programs
- New MPT master curriculum development
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment Resources creation (including e-resources for key modules and qualification exam)
- Intensive Mentorship Programs for faculty members
- Creation University rehabilitation lab, Mini-Library on physical therapy at each university
- Piloting and revision of new PT master curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment tools
- Piloting innovation teaching approaches (interprofessional education, vertical teaching, rehabilitation labs)
- Project management, monitoring and quality evaluation activities
- Revised and updated the university level PT bachelor study program of four years.
- New PT master study program offering advanced professional competence in different physiotherapy specializations (e.g., orthopaedics, APA, sport).
- The group of 40 qualified/certified physiotherapists will be prepared for partner HES. The core teaching staff will be built capable of teaching PT according European standards. Staff will be formed by retrained faculty members of legacy qualifications, by newly graduated PTs and by invited EU experts.
- Competency profile for physical therapist satisfying international requirements will be identified. This profile would be approved at national level and become the mandatory basis for all Ukrainian universities wishing to provide physical therapy study program.
- New PT master students will have possibility to participate in the IMP in EU and through Erasmus+ mobility through Erasmus programs and from own costs.
- Medical care system would change to accommodate new professionals in physiotherapy. The partnership with the Health Ministry in this project will facilitate the recognition of the PT as profession.
- In five years there will be up to 800 graduates of Consortium universities or up to 5000 graduates of all universities, with good employment prospects (current job market needs is about 35,000 PT)
The Latvian Academy of Sport Education (LASE)
Rector - Janis Zidens
Project coordinator- Aija Klavina,
Chief of the Health Care study direction
Contacts: tel. +37129203488
Lithuanian Sport University (LSU)
Rector - Diana Rėklaitienė
Project coordinator - Jūratė Požerienė, Vice-Rector for Studies
tel.:(8 37) 302622
Satakunta University of Applied Sciences (SAMK)
Rector - Juha Kämäri
Project coordinator - Anne Kärki, senior and principal lecturer in physiotherapy (BA) education
tel.:+358 44 710 3471